Friday, May 05, 2006

So Many Stories to Tell... (2)

Whatever.: So Many Stories to Tell...

Going against your gut (and your nostrils), you offer to buy her something from the cafe and motion your hand for her to take a seat. She smiles and says, "you're not like the rest," and opening her jacket, takes out a worn envelope. "Here," she grins, placing it on the table and pushes it towards you. She turns around and quickly darts back into the throngs making their way downtown in the mid-morning rush.
Curious, you look at the envelope. It has been folded, even crumpled, many times over. A map appears to be drawn on the outside, but the streets are unfamiliar to you.
You open up the envelope, and inside is what appears to be a subway pass.
"How odd," you think.
It's time to go.
  1. Do you make your way to your daily drudgery (work)?
  2. Do you want to take a chance -- what the heck?-- and take it as a sign to hop on to wherever the subway may lead you?
  3. If you concentrate, you can make out the form of the woman in the crowd. Maybe you can catch up to her and give her back her "treasure."

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I probably would choose number one, though if I were making a movie of my life I'd be much more interesting and go with 2 or 3.

5/06/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger wordperson said...

If it were vacation, I'd do #2,but my PWE wouldn't allow me to if my job were waiting.
LLC : )

5/28/2006 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home